Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On Keeping Up...Then Starting From Zero

It's been awhile since I've posted here, and frankly it's because the rate at which my kids are developing has gotten so much faster than my ability to document it that I've kind of given up. It's become easier to take pictures and save them on my flash drive or post them on Facebook than to actually write down the dozens upon dozens of little vignettes. I feel a little guilty, truth be told, as there are so many gems to be written down that simply don't spring to mind right now. Maybe I'll just post pictures here too.

Well, soon I'll be starting all over from scratch again with a new baby, new vignettes and new adorable firsts. Having done this twice over I like to fancy myself as prepared for anything a new baby can throw at me and Theia, but judging from the way this baby has been treating her mother's womb like either a treadmill or a punching bag I can't help but feel like we're in for a whole new experience.

Going on my third child, I realize one never really does "get used to it." Having kids previously definitely helps but if they're spaced decently enough I think it's possible to have them and not feel like the entire process has become old hat. For some reason it's even more exciting that I have a couple of kids who can share the experience with me and Theia.

I actually want one more, even if it means adopting a kid down the line, and even now, years away from that actually happening, I know it'll be, yet again, something different (especially if he's adopted, which will be a first).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home